Sep 26, 2014
With the cold winter weather just around the corner, it is a good time to make sure that all of your summer toys are properly stored away. Keep these simple tips in mind to ensure that your boat and RV are safely stored and ready for when the weather heats back up. For your RV:
- Thoroughly clean the inside and outside of your entire RV. Also make sure to wax the outside of your RV to help keep it clean while it sits in storage.
- Take out any perishable food items from the refrigerator and cabinets. Make sure to keep the fridge slightly open to help with air ventilation.
- Empty all of the water tanks in your RV, including the water heater.
- Make sure to turn off the propane for your RV at the source and blow out any piolet lights.
For your boat:
- Completely clean both the inside and outside of your boat. Look for any cracks in the hull of your boat, and make sure to fix any problems before allowing your boat to sit in storage.
- Take out all the electronics in your boat, including the GPS and radio to ensure that they are not damaged in the cool weather. Also make sure to take out all life jackets, flares, and fire extinguishers to keep them in good condition.
- Leave the upholstery and floorboards at an angle to help with air flow while you boat is in storage.
- Completely fill up the gas tanks to eliminate the chance of condensation ruining your gas tanks.
Even though you will not be using your summer toys this fall and winter, it is still important to make sure that they are still covered with the right insurance policies. Contact
Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California for all of your insurance needs while your RV and boat are in storage.