Oct 14, 2015
Try out this Pumpkin Cannelloni With Sage Brown Butter Sauce recipe this season.
One of the best parts of fall is getting to incorporate the delicious flavors of the season into your cooking. While pumpkin pie is a fall favorite, pumpkins can be used for much more than just pie. Keep this tasty pumpkin recipe in mind your whole family will love.
Pumpkin Cannelloni With Sage Brown Butter Sauce
- 1 ½ pound pumpkin
- 1 ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup ricotta
- 3 large garlic cloves
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package oven ready lasagna sheets
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pumpkin and ¾ cup water in a large skillet over medium heat. Cover and steam until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and place in a medium bowl and mash until smooth.
- Heat 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil in a small skillet and sauté the garlic until golden. Transfer the garlic to a mortar and pestle and crush into a paste. Stir cheeses, salt, sage, pepper, and garlic paste into the smashed pumpkin. Set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the lasagna sheets until tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Liberally brush a medium baking dish with the oil. Place a lasagna sheet on a clean work surface. Add 4 tablespoons pumpkin mixture to the center of the lasagna, roll into a cannelloni tube, and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Repeat with the remaining sheets.
- Pour the reserved pasta water of the lasagna and cover tightly with foil. Bake until heated all the way through and the pasta is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cook the butter and sage leaves in a small skillet over medium high heat until golden brown. Drizzle over pumpkin cannelloni and serve immediately.
All of us at Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe this season!