Apr 8, 2015
30 Minute Caramelized Shallot, Spinach, and Goat Cheese Garlic Butter Pasta
Spring has sprung, which means more time spent outside and less time spent in the kitchen cooking dinner. Keep this simple 30 minute caramelized shallot, spinach, and goat cheese garlic butter pasta recipe in mind that makes for a quick and easy dinner that can be enjoyed outside. You will need:
- ½ pound pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sliced shallots
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Then you will have to:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the pasta, and prepare according to the directions.
- While the water is boiling, heat a large skillet over low heat and add in the olive oil. Add the salt and shallots, stirring to coat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the brown sugar and cook for 5 minutes. Make sure that the pasta is done by this time.
- Add the spinach into the skillet and toss. Stir continuously until the spinach is wilted, or about 5 minutes.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter. Whisk constantly until the butter begins to brown. As soon as you see brown bits in the bottom of the saucepan, remove from the heat and whisk for another 15 seconds. Add the minced garlic to the brown butter, and whisk for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the shallots and spinach. Toss well, and add the garlic brown butter, and toss again. Crumble the goat cheese into the pasta and stir. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper, and enjoy!
All of us at Gateway Professional Insurance Services
in Vacaville, California would like to encourage you to try this delicious pasta recipe this season.