Sep 25, 2015
National Baby Safety Month
September is National Baby Safety Month, which is the perfect time to make sure that you are doing all you can to keep your little bundle of joy as happy and healthy as possible. Keep these baby safety tips in mind this month to protect your new child.
- Double check your car seat – all car seats are slightly different in the way that they need to be installed and will fit in your vehicle. If you are not quite sure if yours is right, you can bring your car and your car seat to your local fire department to get it checked out.
- Avoid high surfaces – even though newborns cannot crawl to get down from high surfaces, they move more than you may expect. Keep your baby off of any high surfaces to ensure that they do not accidently wiggle off.
- Watch your pets – pets and babies can make great friends. However, even if your pet has never shown any aggression, they should still be watched closely whenever they are around your baby to prevent any issues.
- Consider baby wearing safety – there is a right way and a wrong way to hold your baby in a carrier and the proper way will depend on the type of carrier you have. Check the website of your carrier and the instructions to ensure that you are properly “wearing” your baby.
- Learn basic first aid – even though you will never want to have to use it, knowing basic first aid procedures, such as infant CPR, will help to keep your baby safe.
Welcoming a new baby into your family is the perfect time to look over your life insurance policy to ensure that they will be protected throughout their life. Contact Gateway Professional Insurance Services in Vacaville, California for all of your life insurance coverage needs for your growing family.